Thursday, December 22, 2011

How To Accept Purchased Domain Name and Link to Blogger

As a first timer, I found it confusing to link my purchased domain name (PDN) to my blog. But with a trial-and-error manner and with a help from a friend. I did it.And it worked!

Accepting PDN from a Third Party

1. Log in to your godaddy account.
2. Click My Account button.
3. Click Pending Account Changes.
4. Check the box/boxes corresponding to your PDN (Purchased Domain name).
5. Click Quick Accept button atop of your PDN.
6. Done!

Linking PDN to Blogger

1. Log In to your blogger account (where your blog is hosted).
2. Click Setting.
3. Click Add Domain Name (with prefix www).
4. Click Save.
5. Done.

Wait for a few minutes. Then check your blog. Presto! It's now in the new server.

However, there are disadvantages in changing to a new nameserver such as: losing your present google rank, likes in your different blog pages are also gone, and many features which your old blog enjoyed are all gone.

Anyway, I'm very grateful to the members of Filipino Bloggers Worldwide like Cecile Cinco, Charlie Montemayor and Samantha Tan for their invaluable efforts in facilitating and helping me out at the time when I was off-handed technically. Thanks to you pals!

Related Sources:

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! If ever I'll transfer to GoDaddy, it'll be easy for me to set up my domains because of this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this tutorial - a great help esp to bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...so, you really got it working na po...congrats! This is a very helpful post! Thank you for sharing this, Sir! I had it bookmarked now. :)
    - sionee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks @Sionee. You're welcome @Clint Andrew and @Mary Ann Kidayo... :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dissappointed with godaddy you can't buy in promo using your profile plus it so pricey, can't believe that many bloggers depend on them

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks to this sir, ive been looking for this before

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this Sir. I am planning to buy another domain name soon. Need to bookmark your post. hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...